So I am completely obsessed with skin care, especially face masks. I have a whole drawer dedicated to skincare that is full of face masks. So today I thought I’d share some of my favorites with you guys.
So this brand has to be one of my favorite brands for face masks, not only because they are great but they are also affordable. These masks’ prices range from $7-$8 on the ulta website. This brand has a wide range of different skin care, from moisturizers to brightening masks to acne products. Here are just some of the ones I have in my collection.
- “Keep Your Cool” skin-calming Gel Maks: this mask helps soothe pesky blemishes. It contains coconut which helps soothe the breakouts and also contains cucumber that helps calm angry flare ups. I use this when I need something quick and light but does its job!
- “Be Berry Fresh” Balancing Mud Mask: This mask targets troublesome skin. It’s packed with blueberry and neroli to help balance the skin as well as clam and detox. My skin always feels rejuvenated after using this mask. The smell is a bonus (all of these masks smell good)
- “Deep Down Detox” Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask: this mask is a little like the “Be Berry Fresh” mask but more deep detox. It cleanses impurities for a clearer and brighter complexion. The orange recharges the skin while sea salt cleanses and bergamot balances. This mask leaves your skin noticeable different after. This one kind of tingles.
- “Get Your Glow On” Skin- Brightening Peel Mask: this radiance boosting peel off mask revitalizes tired skin. It removes dead skin cells, unclogs pores and helps clear breakout. I usually don’t use this mask for blemishes but more for brightening. The papaya helps resurface the skin while citrus boosts brightness for smooth and radiant skin. These masks do take a while to completely dry if you don’t put on an even coat.
- “Be Berry Clear” Illuminating Peel Mask: this skin brightening peel mask. The raspberry & acai deliver antioxidants to help minimize pores, clams flare ups and smoothe skin. Leaves the skin feeling bright and renewed. This is by far the best smelling mask I’ve ever used.
- “Pores Be Pure” Skin-Clarifying Mud Mask: by far my favorite clarifying mask by this brand. This skin refining mask with Berry boosters target clogged pores. The strawberry and rosemary eliminate impurities while the yarrow clarifies for an instant feeling of clarity and refreshing skin.
- “Supermud”: this mask is good for normal, oily, and combo skin. This mask is designed to visibly clear the skins complexion. This mask is helps problems of pores, acne, blemishes and oiliness. It supports skin’s natural oil balance and uses pore-matrix technology, you can visibly see the mask targeting pores and acne with the black dots that appear. The charcoal lifts the dirt away resulting in refined healthy looking skin. This mask is formulated WITHOUT parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
- “GravityMud” Sonic limited edition: this mask is good for oily, combo, and dry skin. This mud based peel of mask is for tightening the skin. This mask is a solution for fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tones, and loss of firmness and elastisity. very pretty blue chrome mask. This mask is also sulfate, paraben, and phthalate free.
Orgins & Boscia
- Orgins “Clear Improvement” Charcoal Mask: for normal, oily, and combo skin. This mask deep cleans and visibly reduces pores. It helps dullness and uneven texture, oiliness, pores, and clears the way for skin to act it’s best. This mask is also free of parabens, sulfate, and phthalates.
- Boscia “luminizing peel off black mask”: this mask is for oily, normal, combo, and sensitive skin. Powerful detoxifying, purifying, and brightening mask. Targets uneven skin texture, oiliness, and pores. This mask is full of antioxidants that shrink pores, firm skin, reduces inflammation, strips away dead skin and impurities for noticeable results. Paraben, sulfate, and phthalate free.
These are some of my favorite masks in my mask collection. But I don’t think I’ll ever stop buying masks so this collection will continue to grow. Hope you guys enjoyed this post, don’t forget to share it. Also check out my YouTube channel and beauty instagram.
- YouTube: Nancy Gayle https://youtu.be/-L1mfl4AGMs
- Instagram: nancygaylemua
- Make Up Forever Step 1 Mattifying Primer
- NYX Drop Foundation in “Buff”
- Tarte Shape Tape in “light medium honey”
- RCMA translucent setting powder
- e.l.f cosmetics Cream Contour Kit
- Make Up Forever Pro Bronze Fusion in “30M”
- Wet n’ Wild Color icon blush in “Mellow Wine”
- Becca X Jacklyn Hill Champagne Pop
- Urban Decay All nighter setting spray
- Urban Decay Shadow potion “Original”
- Morphe X Jacklyn Hill Eyeshadow palette
- Maybelline Gel Liner “black”
- Ardell Faux Mink lashes in “810”
- e.l.f cosmetics Brow Pomade in “espresso”
- Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker XL Lip Plumper
- NYX liquid Suede in “sandstorm”
Loved creating this look! I’ve been doing more bold colors lately and I just can’t get enough of them!
So I have been wanting to make a Lip scrub for a while now. I’ve been looking for the perfect recipe and I’ve finally found one! I absolutely love Lush products, I’ve never tried their lip scrub but I definitely am soon! This recipe is super simple and smells/tastes great! *i wouldn’t suggest scooping the product out and eating but it’s not bad for you to ingest when you lick your lips*
So let’s get to the DIY!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Vanilla Extract (you can use any kind you want)
- A container to put your scrub in
- Something to mix it in
- Something to mix with
- A tablespoon
- A teaspoon
The recipe is:
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
1 drop of your choice extract
1-2 drops of food coloring (optional)
When using food coloring choose your color wisely! Green or blue may temporarily stain your lips! I used yellow!
When your done mixing all of your ingredients together transfer your finished product into your container!
Recipe from Hayley Williams on YouTube! Go check her out!
I absolutely adore face masks but I never know which ones to use because there are so many! I recently came across an article that helps you choose which mask would be best for you’re skin type.
oily/ combination skin: I myself am one who has combination skin. It’s recommended to use a clay mask, since clay is good at removing excess oil from the skin. One of my favorites is the Global Beauty Care Dead Sea mask that I received in my ipsy bag.
Dry/Sensitive skin: Unlike those with oily and combination skin, you need a mask to add moisture rather than reduce oil. Using a moisturizing or hydrating mask like GlamGlow’s Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment will restore and calm your skin.
Dull Skin: If you have full skin, chances are you’re wanting to liven your skin.To do so its recommended to use either an exfoliating face mask such as the Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask or a radiance, like First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Overnight Mask. Exfoliating masks will scrub away dead skin cells,radiance masks contain whitening ingredients to brighten your skin tone.
Problem Skin: If you have problem skin you would want to opt for a purifying mask to draw out your imperfections. One like, SEPHORA COLLECTION Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying, will dry up acne, rid of blackheads, shrink pores! Now doesn’t that sound amazing.
Mature Skin: a firming mask best suits mature skin. One like, Murads Age-Diffusing Firming Mask, will tighten and lift the appearance of your skin. It does this by softening fine lines and wrinkles.
Normal Skin: If you have normal skin you are one lucky duck! Your options are endless! Pretty much you can use any mask you desire, maybe try each and see which is best!
I hope you enjoy this post! Please comment for more posts you’d like to see!
All information found from StyleCaster.
Not all nudes go great with every skin tone. If you’re having trouble picking the right nude for you, look no further I am here to help.
When choosing a nude for fair skin you have to be careful, some nudes can completely wash you out. So a peachy neutral shade that is close to your lip color is recommended. This helps brighten and accent you’re skin tone!
To highlight the golden glow of an olive skin tone, use a peachy nude. Instead of using a tawny nude, which can get muddy. A slight pink shade can accent the flush in your cheeks.
For medium-deep skin, opt for a warm nude 2-3 shades darker than your natural lip color, whether its pink or brown. If you want to lighten up naturally dark lips instead, choose a nude with a tint of orange, which will cancel out the darker pigments.
Thanks for reading,
Hope you enjoyed!
(Information from Birchbox website)
- Rimmel London Stay Matte powder
- bellápierre mineral blush
- Colourpop highlighter in wisp
- Maybelline Master Conceal
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
- Pixi by Petra Bronzer (not pictured)
Sorry for the lack of posts lately, as you can’t see I haven’t been feeling well plus school it just makes one big mess! Definitely look forward to more posts!